MA Delegation Digest 4/10 – 5/22/15
Senator Elizabeth Warren
Senator Ed Markey
Rep. Richard Neal
Rep. Jim McGovern
Rep. Niki Tsongas
Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III
- Kennedy is urging lawmakers to protect civil rights and approve legislation that strengthens legal protections for transgender people.
- Alongside Jason Collins, the first openly gay NBA player, Kennedy was honored at the Greater Boston PFLAG’s (Parents, Friends, and Families of Lesbians and Gays) annual Pride and Passion benefit for his work in LGBT advocacy.
- Kennedy called for increased federal funding for the Taunton River, a waterway that receives less than a quarter of funding allocated to other federally designated waterways.
Rep. Katherine Clark
Rep. Seth Moulton
Rep. Stephen F. Lynch
Rep. Bill Keating
- Keating introduced a provision to the National Defense Authorization Act. It was recently passed and supports the creation of Gold Star Family Cards, an identification card that allows families of fallen soldiers to take advantage of benefits, discounts, and supports.
- Representative Keating was featured on Boston Public Radio to discuss the lessons the intelligence community learned from the Boston Marathon Bombings and speak about his current fight to halt ISIS militants’ sales of ancient antiques for funding.