MA Delegation Digest 10/11 – 10/24/14
Senator Elizabeth Warren
Senator Ed Markey
Rep. Richard Neal (MA-1)
Rep. Jim McGovern (MA-2)
- McGovern announced that the Main South Community Development Corp. will be receiving a federal criminal justice innovation grant to support coordinated efforts to reduce gang activity and recruitment in the greater Kilby Garden area.
- The Representative went to Francis Xavier Center soup kitchen on Temple Street to help serve breakfast to the homeless.
Rep. Niki Tsongas (MA-3)
- Representative Tsongas joined Jim Braude and Margery Eagan to discuss sexual violence in the military and military intervention in Syria: “We never had a conversation about how we will pay for it. It’s never been clear what will be asked of our service members.”
Rep. Katherine Clark (MA-5)
- Representative Clark served as a key note speaker at the Walk to Break the Silence which aims to raise awareness about domestic violence.
Rep. Mike Capuano (MA-7)
- Representative Michael Capuano joined sponsors at an event announcing The Lynch Family Skatepark, a 40,000-square-foot skateboard and recreation facility, will be built in Cambridge.
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-8)
Rep. William Keating (MA-9)
- Representative Keating, in a tight race, will face Republican John Chapman in two more debates next week.
- Monomoy Regional High School in Harwich on Wednesday, from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m
- Woods Hole on Thursday, from 9 to 10 a.m, Broadcast live by WCAI 90.1 FM