MA Delegation Digest 5/3 – 5/9/14
Sen. Elizabeth Warren
Sen. Ed Markey
Rep. Jim McGovern (MA-2)
Rep. Niki Tsongas (MA-3)
- Rep. Tsongas issued a press release criticizing and explaining why she voted against H.R. 4438, the American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2014, which would grant billions of permanent R&D tax credits to American companies. Tsongas noted that she would have been in favor of the resolution if it had provided a clear plan to offset the cost of the tax credits (Republicans plan to continue advancing permanent tax breaks, including those that reward tax havens).
- Tsongas, along with co-sponsor Tom Petri (R-Wis) introduced the SSI Savers Act, which would allow seniors to save more without being disqualified for SS benefits.
Rep. Joseph Kennedy (MA-4)
Rep. Katherine Clark (MA-5)
- Recently elected Congresswoman Katherine Clark held a “coffee talk” event in Waltham to meet constituents.
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
- Internal polling in his district suggests that Rep. Tierney remains popular among Democrats. Despite the scandals that nearly cost him the race in 2012, Tierney has a 67% positive approval rating according to the Tierney-commissioned poll.
- Rep. Tierney recently filed a bill to eliminate many fees for federal loans to small businesses, as well as increase guarantees to 90 percent for borrowers.
Rep. Bill Keating (MA-9)