MA Delegation Digest, 4/19 – 4/25/14
Sen. Elizabeth Warren
Sen. Ed Markey
- The reception for Markey’s bill to limit hate speech on the internet and social media has caused many opponents to claim such policy would be impossible without impeding on freedom of speech.
- Markey is a leading voice opposing the FCC decision to end Net Neutrality, “Openness is the Internet’s heart and nondiscrimination is its soul, and infringements on either of these features undermines the spirit and intent of net neutrality.”
- Markey wants the FDA to do more to protect minors from e-cigarettes.
Rep. Richard Neal (MA-1)
Rep. Jim McGovern (MA-2)
Rep. Niki Tsongas (MA-3)
Rep. Joseph Kennedy Jr (MA-4)
- Kennedy joins HuffPost Live to talk about the 5th anniversary of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act and the importance national service has had on his life and career.
- Kennedy ran the Boston Marathon on Monday to raise money for the One Fund.
Rep. John Tierney (MA-6)
Rep. Mike Capuano (MA-7)
Rep. Stephen Lynch (MA-8)
Rep. Bill Keating (MA-9)